Breweries own Dansk Retursystem. The retail trade and importers also sit on the Board of Directors.
Dansk Retursystem was established in 2000 as a limited-liability company with four owners. The Statutory Order on Deposits specified that the company should be non-profit. This ensures that the only purpose of the deposit and return system is to recycle as many empty bottles and cans as possible into new bottles and cans.
Dansk Retursystem is therefore an example of public authorities and private companies collaborating on a project to benefit society.
The key partners in the Danish deposit and return system are represented on Dansk Retursystem’s Board of Directors: the breweries, the importers of beverages on which deposits are payable and the retail trade, which is required to receive the empty bottles and cans returned by consumers.
The Articles of Association require the Chair of the Board of Directors to be non-partisan and unconnected to any of the partners involved.
Chair of the Board
- Thomas Dalsgaard
Members of the Board
- Niels Hald, Secretary General, Danish Brewers’Association
- Vice President Peter Haahr Nielsen, Sales Off Trade, Carlsberg Danmark A/S
- Financial Service Director Klavs Kirkedal, Carlsberg Danmark A/S
- VP Customer Supply ChainJan Breinholt, Carlsberg Supply Company Danmark A/S
- Vice President Ole Haghfelt, Business Development Western Europe, Carlsberg Breweries A/S
- Head of Markets Lotte Engbæk Larsen, Confederation of Danish Enterprise
- Supply Chain Director Denmark Søren Lisberg, Royal Unibrew A/S Denmark
- Managing Director Carsten Nørland, Royal Unibrew A/S Denmark
- Salgsdirektør Klavs Husmand, Harboes Bryggeri A/S
- Director Henrik Kirketerp, Coop Invest A/S
- Group General Councel Jakob Røddik Thøgersen, Salling Group
- Deputy Director Claus Bøgelund Kegel Nielsen, De Samvirkende Købmænd (Association of Danish Grocers)